- Creating and updating wine lists with the chefs and manager.
- Making recommendations on food and wine pairings.
- Ensuring that the wine cellar is fully stocked.
- Informing guests on the variety of wines available.
- Training wait staff on available wines.
- Negotiating prices with vendors.
- Organizing wine tasting events.
- Complying with health and safety regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of different wines and able to recognize each regions produce type
- Availability to work within opening hours (e.g. evenings, holidays, weekends)